Well it appears that San Francisco 49ers OLB Aldon Smith may have just punched his ticket out of San Francisco as he was arrested for hit-and-run, DUI, and vandalism by Santa Clara Police, Thursday night.
#AldonSmith arrested by Santa Clara PD for Hit & Run, DUI, and vandalism.
— Matt Keller (@MattKellerABC7) August 7, 2015
According to ABC 7 Matt Keller, Smith’s bail is currently set at $26,000 at Santa Clara County jail.
#49ers Baalke on Aldon: “Really pleased the way he’s handled things. He’s always been a great teammate. Always had an excellent work ethic.”
— Ryan Sakamoto (@SakamotoRyan) August 5, 2015
Smith, who was looking to strike a long-term deal in a contract-year, will now likely be cut as 49ers GM Trent Baalke may have no choice but to go in another direction.
I wonder if #49ers OLB Aldon Smith ever heard of UBER or Lyft. That would've came in handy last night.
— Ryan Sakamoto (@SakamotoRyan) August 7, 2015
So what has Smith accomplished during his time in San Francisco? Here is the lengthy list of run-ins with the law since he was drafted back in 2011.
Timeline of Aldon’s off-field incidents:
- Jan. 27, 2012: Arrested for DUI in Miami Beach
- June 29, 2012: Authorities found 5 unregistered weapons at his house and he was charged with 3 felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon
- June 29, 2012: Suffered stab wounds at his own house party
- Sept. 20, 2013: Arrested for suspicion of DUI with marijuana and pills in the car
- April 13, 2014: Arrested at LAX for allegedly saying “bomb” to TSA; not charged
- May 21, 2014: Pleads no contest to 3 felony weapon charges and one misdemeanor DUI (2nd DUI)
- July 18, 2014: Sentenced to 12 days in Jail and 3 year probation
- Aug. 6, 2015: Arrested for Hit-and-run, DUI, and vandalism
So who will be the next man up now that Smith is likely going to be out of action? Look for second-year OLB Aaron Lynch to now make a name for himself as he easily becomes the team’s best pass-rusher outside of OLB Ahmad Brooks.
Follow Me on Social Media: